Tips on Revamping Your Venue
If you are looking for tips on how to revamp your venue, then it probably means you are looking to bring in new customers. Patrons don’t want to go to venues which are dingy or outdated. We live in a technological, fashion-forward age, and customers don’t want to surround themselves with drab colours and shredded seats.
But we can revamp our venue in more ways than just its appearance, you can introduce new entertainment, events and present yourself as unique in your local area. Please keep reading for our top five tips on how you can revamp your venue for increased footfall and sales!
Get to Know your Customers
Talk to your customers and listen to their suggestions. What do they like about your venue? What do they not like about it? This will not only help you with focusing on what to improve, but it will make your customers feel valued and keep them coming back.
What kind of customers do you get? Are they primarily from the younger or older generation? These are the kinds of questions you need to be asking yourself. If you want to encourage more millennials to attend your venue, then providing contactless payment and free Wi-Fi is a must. If you would like to add a dual payment pool table with a contactless option at your venue, then contact us or find out more here. We provide pools for hire from as little as £15 per week!
Provide Regular Events
Hosting interesting events is a sure way of driving traffic into your venue on typically less busy nights and increase the number of customers you get in general. These events are an opportunity to reach out to new audiences too. Take a look at some of these ideas for
- Quiz nights: Quiz nights are a great source of entertainment, especially when prizes are involved. Something as simple as a free drink from your venue would incentivise a lot of people to take part. You can also collect £1 from each player to play and offer the total collected to the winners. It will encourage people to spend money at your pub as well. If you don’t want the hassle of coming up with different categories and questions, hire The Paragon TT from Amusement Leisure, the most successful quiz machine in the UK!
- Pool tournaments: There will always be pool fans who like to be challenged and see how good they are compared to others. Pool tournaments provide an opportunity for those people to have their skills tested. Read our guide on how to run a successful pool tournament!
- Teaching classes: What does your venue specialise in? Are you able to provide any classes? For example, many pubs which brew their own beers provide brewery classes which include free beer tastings. These events increase customer loyalty because customers feel part of a specific process.
- Karaoke. Karaoke nights are always a win. It lets customers showcase their singing skills or a chance to have a laugh with friends. Make it free to take part, as many require some liquid courage to get up and sing and this is where you will make your money!
Update your Decorations to Fit with Relevant Celebrations
Customers love venues that stay in touch with current celebrations. It makes these venues more inviting and up to date. For example, someone would be more likely to have a drink at a venue that has a special ‘Mother’s Day’ promotion than one that doesn’t, as it makes the day feel even more special.
Special decorations will make your business stand out from the competition and will entice people who are looking for an interesting place to visit. A lot of people, especially millennials are on a lookout for an Instagram worthy photo. Having festive decorations may encourage people to snap a photo and share it on social media. This will increase your exposure and encourage others to visit you.
Check out this great blog post on Halloween and Winter decor ideas for a bar!
Have a Unique Selling Point (USP)
A unique selling point is a point that distinguishes you from the competition. It means being different from the competition in a way that gives your business an advantage. If you are a local venue, you want to stand out from those around you and bring in as many customers as you can.
Does your venue have a good USP? What do you want your venue to be known for? You may be a venue that is known for hosting great monthly events like quiz nights or pool tournaments. You may be known for selling craft beers or great cocktails. Make sure customers are aware of your specialities as this will encourage potential customers to visit your venue.
This is a great blog post on 6 ways to differentiate yourself from the competition!
Provide Better Entertainment
What kind of entertainment do you currently provide? Improving your entertainment may be another way of revamping your venue and increasing the number of customers. Amusement Leisure provides jukeboxes, pool tables, fruit machines, quiz machines and background music for hire.
- Jukeboxes. Jukeboxes are a great source of entertainment because they create a livelier and more interactive venue. At Amusement Leisure, we provide both modern and vintage jukeboxes. Get in touch with us to let us know which one would work best at your establishment.
- Pool tables. Anywhere you go, there’ll always be pool fans. Decorating your venue with a pool table will not only give you extra revenue, but it will encourage people to stay longer. At Amusement Leisure you can customise the colour of the pool cloth and the finish of the laminate. We replace ques, chalk and balls regularly at no extra cost. On top of all this, our pools come with dual payment with an option for contactless payments, ideal for those who don’t carry cash around anymore. Check out more details here.
- Quiz machines. Quiz nights always have great turnouts. Hire our quiz machine for a huge variety of game-play!
- Background music. Getting the music right at your venue is essential for a great customer experience. With Amusement Leisure you can be sure that 100% of the music is legal and appropriate. The music is updated online so that you can always play the latest hits. Find out more here.
- Fruit machines. Fruit machines are a great source of entertainment and not many places have them. This will be something that distinguishes you from the competition. We provide the latest £100 jackpot fruit machines and update them every 6-8 weeks. Find out more here.
There are many ways you can revamp your venue. The most important thing is to try different things and see what works best. Our entertainment services can be hired for a short period, which will allow you to see how your customers react to the new addition to your venue. Contact us or give us a call on 01925295951 to discuss further any of these options and learn more about Amusement Leisure.